Monday, March 10, 2008

Seamstress???

My name is Haley and I am a... SEAMSTRESS??? I'm not sure I really want to use that word. To me a seamstress sounds professional, right? That I am, but 'professional' sounds... trained. 'Trained', I am not (unless you count my sophomore Home Ec. class).
I am an ARTIST. I love what I do. Sewing is not only an 'out' for me, but it is therapy. Because I am not formally trained I can feel that I can create with out limits. Where you might see a dress, a 'seamstress' might see fabric, notions, measurements, and a map from point A to point B... I see the off road version of that map. Uncharted territory. Like the seamstress, I start at point A, but I take the scenic route to point B. I like to create my own path, add my own touch, and create my own style.

No comments: