Monday, March 10, 2008

Quilting 101

We'll I started out sewing clothing for little kids... and now, I've found a new love. That doesn't mean I've left my first love- just having a little afair with the second. It all started about 5 months ago. I was offered a job working at a fabric store (or at least that's how I viewed it). Turns out it is truely a quilting store- which I should have caught on to by the name, Quilting Cottage. For the first 2 months they kept trying to get me to cross over to the dark side. NO WAY! was I about to start quilting. It looked like a tedious and thankless habit. One day I bought this funky fabric to make a few aprons out of. I cut out the aprons between costomers that day and had all sorts of left over fabric. The lady I was working with talked me into making a SIMPLE quilt. When they say flirting starts affairs... they are so right!!! I still haven't make the aprons, but the quilt has been done for quite sometime! Oh, I am so in love (or at least lust). Check out this awesome quilt, which is my official "First". I am prefectionist, I admit, so yes it is perfect... and you would think I was an old 'mistress' at this quilting thing.


Just check out these yummy fabrics up-close!


The back is made of Minky. I love that you can see the stiching so well (although I can't take credit for that- the actual quilting is sent out- I just piece the top and bind it)



1 comment:

Marianne said...

I have been meaning to say somthing about your amazing hobby for somtime now. I am very jelous. I've mad a few quilts but nothing like the ones you do. Do you have a special machine that sews all the patterns in? Even then pieceing the thing together is a talent. Mine are all a bit crooked. Ok way crooked. I tell all my friends to go look at the quilt you made for Jeff and the baby quilt you put together in a few days on your blog. You've got some raving fans here in Iowa. we should be heading out that way the middle of June. If you know of any cute places to rent let me know. (Cheap places)