Saturday, March 15, 2008

After many many many hours I was finally finished pulling up all these nasty carpet squares and scraped all that black rubber pad off my sewing room floor. Yay! And once it was finished the thought crossed my mind that I should have taken before and after pictures... to late now, cause I was not about to set it all back out just for the dramatic effect! So these nasty pictures of my wonderful old flooring is going to have to count as my before picture. And before I post the after pictures let me give you a brief description of the 'old room'. The walls (all but one) are made out of the beautiful laminate wood paneling. The last wall was wallpapered, although I'm pretty sure it was contact paper. Big and small, blue and yellow (pretty sure it use to be white in its glory days) flowers and it had a linen texture to it. Good old tile ceiling (like the rest of the house)... I think that about covers it. Just know that my description could never do the ugliness justice! And here are the pictures of my new room:

This first picture is of the paneling. It wasn't quite in the budget (or should I say I didn't quite give my hubby the heads up that I was redoing my sewing room) to put up new walls. So I just painted and put a glaze on them.

I HATE tile ceilings!!!! But of course, that is what my entire house consist of with the exception of my kitchen. I learned last year when redoing my living room that a little paint and a little glaze can make just about anything look neat. Instead of hiding the nasties, you try to make them a focus point. This is my attempt at it. Didn't turn out quite as nice as my living room (different tiles), but I still like it.

This is my pride and joy for the room. I could stare at this wall all day! This was the one wall that had "wall paper". When tearing it off part of the sheet rock came with it. I bought a $10 bucket of mud and textured it myself. Added a coat of primer, paint, and of course, glaze.
I'm ready to redo the entire basement now just like this (another project for a time the hubby leaves to play with the boys for the weekend- he doesn't dare leave too often)
Ignore the plugs. Yes, Jeff was an electrician, but I haven't talked him into changing them out yet. Just when I thought I'd convinced him this afternoon he got called out on a job... Convenient!
Well, this is a quick overall of the room before I try to furnish it. I'll post pictures once I get everything in and just they way I want it. I need to make a quilt for the bed (it's a guest room as well) and get some curtains and stuff like that. Give me a couple of months to have it looking all cutesy and I'll take more pics then.

No comments: