Wednesday, July 30, 2008

memory quilt

i asked my grandpa if i could take a few of grandma's favorite things and make a quilt. there is every type of material in this quilt... seersucker, rayon, wool, corduroy, levi, and cotton. it is my first pinwheel, and will forever be my favorite. when i was pressing the blocks i would catch a whiff of my grandma here and there. i'm so excited to give it to grandpa. it's wild- but i can't help but to think of grandma every time i glance at it! we miss you "wild ruthie"!!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

It looks great. I know Grandpa will love it. Grandma would be proud we made use of her clothes. She was not a waster.

don and jacki said...

i need the pattern! and mel is right... grandma would be glad that you were able to recycle her clothes. i noticed that you have picked most of her favorites. smart! grandpa will cry when you give it to him. it will be his favorite.

Tanya said...

i just saw this on apron girls. i love it haley! what a great thing to do. i'm so sorry you lost your grandma!

Natilie said...

Wow! That is an amazing tribute. I am sure your Grandpa will love it.