Saturday, May 24, 2008

something to snuggle to

a few weeks ago a girl i use to play bunco with called and wanted a quilt made for her mom. her dad passed away a year ago (today) and she wanted to give her mom something to remember him by. she asked if i could put their wedding photo on the quilt with some stitching. i can stitch, but not well enough (or quick enough) to sell that service so i called my aunt marci (her sister in law) and she took care of that part for me. when i got it all done i was very sad that i had put the picture in the quilt... cause i wanted to keep it. it turned out so nice and it matched my front room beautifully! oh well, i hope her mom loves snuggling to it as she thinks of her sweet hubby.


thank you denise for letting me do this!!!!

2 comments:

Natilie said...

amazing...

So many Ideas not enough Time said...

Putting the picture in the quilt is such a great Idea. What about scanning the picture and printing it on fabric instead of putting the actual photo in. I have never printed a picture on fabric so I don't know how well they transfer, just something to think about before you get asked to do another one. I have some old family quilts that need to be fixed so I think I might try and put pics of all my kids and my sisters kids into one of them for my mom (or maybe two of them) thanks for telling us all about this project and inspiring others.