Thursday, May 8, 2008

a little side tracked...

yesterday i had every intention of not only finishing the laundry (lofty goal-eh?), but also of working on my previous post. while switching the laundry my old shower curtain finally made it through the cycle and i was 'inspired'. i've been dying to make myself a purse, but i can't find the perfect pattern or the perfect material... and doesn't free and 'going to waist in storage' not fit 'perfect'... perfectly???
(before)
(after)

(equipt with side pockets and everything!)

i raided my aunt marci's stash of purse patterns a few days ago, but just couldn't bring myself to make what i took. they are dang cute, but just not what i was envisioning for my next purse.

so from scratch and a picture in my mind this is my prototype ended up like . now i have to go back, make a few tweeks, and draw out the pattern. i bought some upholstery material yesterday that i think would make for some beautiful bags. i just hope they turn out close to the other pictures in my head!

more to come...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

wow i would never have thought to make a bag out of a shower curtain.. or anything. But thats a good idea! You are so creative and I love all of your sewing projects! Makes me want to whip out some fabric and sew something..

Marci said...

again, you've outdone yourself. way too cute! you still have to make a bag out of that pattern that you borrowed because i really want to see what you do with it! :)