Friday, May 16, 2008

finally done!

i admit, i have a little addiction to ksl.com. i bought this desk a few months ago off it. i don't have a good place to refinish it in my house so i had to wait for warmer weather. it finally arrived this week. i couldn't sleep this morning just knowing that my desk was waiting for me out in my carport. and her she is.... (before)




and after a few hours of primping and priming, a day of fishing and an afternoon of guarding her from hunter with a paint brush her she stands...



some of you might be a little shocked at the color- jeff hates it!!!! but this is my baby, i have to look at her everyday, sit next her for hours out of my week and i wanted something fun, funky, cheerful and energetic. i couldn't be more excited at how she turned out! the bugger was trying to find handles for her. i've tried every place i've ever heard of and nobody carries the size i needed. so i had to fill in her holes with wood filler and i will be off to target to get these, or these, or maybe these. do you think the pink will be a little much???? please- give me feed back!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I like the pink since it is pretty light. I also like the handles a little better, but you are better at this stuff than me. I love the desk and I love the green too. Good work on the chair too! I need to employ you at my home for a while I think.

Anonymous said...

Love the pink! I agree that where it is a lighter pink it won't be too much. however, you have a better eye for this than i do!