Monday, August 25, 2008

happy anniversary... and good bye to a treasured friend

one day, not so long ago, i made a great friend. she was green, she had a million pockets and beautiful stitching... unfortunately her days were numbered! she was wearing old way to quickly and i had to trade her in (lucky for kamryn- she got 2 pair of boots out of it!). i was purseless... PURSELESS!!!! i was so in love with my green bag that i had thrown out ALL my old purses (granted- they needed to be retired), and that left me carrying around my wallet and filling my pockets with all the nick knacks that my green machine usually carried. when my husband agreed to take me to the movies for our 7th anniversary i went into a quick panic. where will i hide my can of diet pepsi? where will i stow his box of mike and ikes? it's too hot for a coat... no, i need a purse! and that is how this little baby was born...


she was thrown together in about an hour while the kids napped and jeff caught a few zzzz's before our date. i used both the wrong side and right side of some upholstery fabric i bought a few months back. she's the perfect size for the movies, for church, and everyday errands. oh, and i don't have to dig for my wallet or my phone... they both fit nicely in the outside pocket, or the inside pocket (it's reversible).

1 comment:

Katherine said...

cute! now I want to see the green boots you made Kamryn. I loved your green purse. Didn't you just get it?

I love your new one though. I love BIG purses. I always seem to need a bigger one.

I like your new background too!